We made a three hour fieldtrip with pupils to the shoreline of the Baltic sea, island called Vuohensaari. Afterwoods in school pupil rehearse the topics of the trip by playing educational game called Seppo.
Goals of transversal competences or 21th century skills
- thinking and learning to learn
- ICT competence
Goals of biology
- Vegetation of the shoreline
- to observe the water quality
- to know birdlife of the area
- to understand eutrophication
- to use reasearch equipment
- to recognize effects of glaciation on shoreline
Pupil play Seppo-game. Teacher creates the game in advance.
USE OF ICT, APPS, WEBSITES
The game is played with Chrome or Safari with iPads or phones.
Video about Seppo from Educa Fair.