Exploring environment by combining art and science: Students have a walk in pairs around our school environment (school forest, schoolyard and ”Marathon park”) They take photos of beautiful and ugly things they happen to see while walking. They keep in mind a big question: How to make our school environment a better place? They are asked to discuss and argue with their pairs about the choices they make for a picture collage while walking and taking pictures.
- To pay attention to different environments and humans’ impact on them.
- To observe school environment.
- To learn focusing and cropping by making picture notes with iPad.
- To learn to combine a picture collage with iPad (Pic Collage)
- To Air Drop.
- To argue and discuss of your opinions with your pair.
- To make a final statement for the big question by making a speech bubble and printing a picture collage.
- Printed picture collages and speech bubbles are published as a statement wall on the corridor near our class.
- iPad for each student
- paper for speech bubbles and picture collages
- a speech bubble template
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- outdoor activity (mind the weather because of iPads)
- classroom work when printinf and combining a picture collage and a speech bubble
ACTIVITY LEVEL OF STUDENTS
- some technical support maybe needed from teacher
USE OF ICT
- Learning how to use a picture collage as a part of learning science.
- Pic Collage App
- Feedback from teacher and assistant while working.
- Reading others statements and picking up good arguments.
- Peer review of conversation and activity level
- Checking out goals.